Lady K's blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MV Review: Strong Baby by Seung ri





I just felt like I have to review this music video, because I was stunned when I first saw it. Seung ri, known also by Victory, from the boy band “Big Bang” made a solo song named “Strong Baby”. I usually never pay attention to him in the other MVs of the band, because I like Tae Yang better, but when I saw this song I was surprised.

The boy showed some personality. The song is catchy and upbeat, and the music video is mature and showed a new side of Victory. He used Justin Timberlake’s style, cloths and moves but it fitted him very well. He looked mature and classy, especially in the black shirt.

The scene where the whole group dances it’s like the dance scene “my love” by Justin Timberlake. The moves are different though. They chose simple but sexy moves suited the mood of the song.
The last sexy scene was taken from “cry me a river” also by Justin Timberlake. The girl (that was in “Lies”; Big Bang’s song) looked good and sexy on Victory’s lap.

To sum it up, Victory did a good job for a first music video. The upbeat song is successful and the high quality music video is surprisingly sensual and grown up, compared to Victory’s old style. I usually don’t like the boy but he got me this time.


Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home